The Handwork teacher

I am a mother to two beautiful girls and I teach Handwork and Fine Arts in our local waldorf charter school in Arizona.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

2nd grade Auction project



I have been working with the 2nd grade (my younger daughter's class) to make their auction project. we got big canvases and they painted water color paintings, then we split up the class (27 kids) into 4 groups and they each chose a story from their 2nd grade curriculum 

1 )St Martin
2) St George and the Dragon
3) Gnomes counting jewels (math gnomes)
4) A season tree

all the pictures were torn up into small pieces and glued onto the canvas

7 comments:

Laura said...

I found your site after searching about lazure painting...I love this beautiful craft though, especially how the students' creativity is involved first as individuals and then as a group. (Also, may I ask - who makes those awesome chairs in your header photo? What a lovely space to create in!)

naturalfiberandcolor said...

beautiful work

naturalfiberandcolor said...

beautiful work

rjw said...

Hi -- Love this project. My son's 2nd grade Waldorf class is going to do something similar this year for our auction project. Is there a way I can get more details about the project?

Thanks much

rjw said...

Love this project. My son's 2nd Grade Waldorf class is going to do this for our auction this year. Is there anyway I can more details / tips on doing this? Thanks so much

Kovach Family said...

Thank you for the inspiration! My daughter's class is going to do something similar this year as well. Any suggestions about how the torn up watercolor pieces were adhered on to the canvas? Any tips on getting the children started on laying out such a picture? Many thanks!

Kovach Family said...

my daughters class is doing something similar as well. Any words of advice on adhering the watercolor pieces to the canvas? How did you help the children get started on laying out such a picture? Many thanks!